Or, A Year Of Madness

The sad tale of one man's - failed - bewildering attempt to get into the 1,200k endurance cycle event, from Paris to Brest and then back again, in August 2011. Oh, and walk 100 miles non-stop in May. And run a marathon - all in within 12 months. The marathon went OK, the walk was fine and the final qualifying ride was too close to the 100 mile walk. So the Pointless Project goes on for another four years untilk PBP comes round again in 2015.....

Thursday, 21 February 2013

When hell freezes over.....

Another trip round the 200k of old, so now I have done six months with rides of 200k or more, with six to go to get A Small Badge. It was above freezing when I left home at 5am but not by much. Across Romney Marsh it was absolutely bloody freezing and it was certainly below freezing when I finished in the dark. So when I got home I ran a bath to warm up and could not understand why it wasn't filling up. Then I realised I had forgotten to put the plug in and I had run all the hot water away. So I washed my face in cold water and went to bed and turned the electric blanket up to maximum.

The glamour of audax............

No comments:

Post a Comment